ANNOUNCEMENT - General Network Freeze Notification
(i) SMS 365 (SMSx)
(ii) (ii) MMS (MM4 & MM7)
Description of Freeze:
Operator Services will be implementing the following Network Freezes for our SMSx, MM4/MM7 operator services platform to ensure availability and capacity for the high traffic expected during the following periods.
Freeze Date - 22nd November 2021 – 1st December 2021
Comment - Thanksgiving Day (US)/ Black Friday/Black week
Service Impact Assessment:
The Digital Interconnect Network Freeze will restrict the following production activities on the related platform:
• Additions, removals and changes to any production database concerning tables/queries/provisioning
• Alterations to Network devices (router/vpn/firewall/switch)
• Alterations to Servers (Operating System connectivity/patches/provisioning)
• Alterations to Storage (provisioning)
• Alterations to all production connectivity platforms (all protocols)
• Adding or Removing physical hardware from any data facility
• Alterations to Protocol, Event and Queuing application layers
HOWEVER during the Freeze periods the following services will be supported on the all platforms supporting Digital Interconnect for Operators services based on our standard change management, notification and scheduling procedures:
• Individual routing updates (SUI) will be processed as normal
• Testing of existing services with existing customers/operators
• Ticket work - including SUI and General Trouble Tickets - will continue as normal unless requests fall under the Freeze restrictions.
Please note that Digital Interconnect will be taking pro-active measures to ensure availability and capacity for the duration of this freeze exists within the Network and routine maintenance in support of the Holiday Freeze periods will take place in advance of the Freeze period.
If you experience any issues during this maintenance , please contact the Operator Service NOC immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org
or +1 470.300.8394 (select ‘Support’ from the menu, option 2 for Digital Interconnect and then option 1) and reference this notification.